Wednesday, February 29, 2012

"Do Something Nice for Yourself Today!"

A good friend will often say to me, "Do something nice for yourself today".  It always makes me smile to hear him say that but I honestly don't usually do what he suggests.  I recently went on a trip to Kripalu with my daughter, which if you have never been, I strongly urge you to do so.  We spent just a little over 24 hours there but it was wonderful.  The atmosphere there is just so calming.  It is an escape from the fast-paced lives that we all live these days.  One of the best parts of this getaway is the idea of no electronic devices.  How wonderful!  My daughter and I actually enjoyed ourselves much more because we did not have the distraction of the cell phone.  It was great.  We did yoga, sat in on a whole foods cooking class and relaxed in the sauna and whirlpool.  Shortly before our departure we attended a workshop on "Inhabiting your Body".  It too was great.  It really made me think about how little time I/we spend just being still and paying attention to our bodies and what they are trying to tell us.  We take such good care of everything else, our cars, our homes, our pets, our children and so on.....  I myself do try to take good care of myself.  I eat well (most of the time, lol)  I try to squeeze in exercise but when life gets busy it gets put on the back burner.  We only get one body to take us through an entire lifetime.  We must make taking care of it a priority.  So I have made the decision to take time out for me everyday and I challenge you to do the same.  So in the words of my dear friend, "Do something nice for yourself today".  Slow down a little and take time to nurture yourself :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment